• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I pick up duck eggs at the farmers market from time to time and use them like chicken eggs, usually saving them for dishes where the flavor will shine as they are more expensive. 

One thing you might try is making salt-cured egg yolks.  It's not going to use up a ton of eggs for you but they have a great umami flavor when grated over pasta or salads and they keep forever in the fridge once they're dried.  Here's a post where I described making some.  It has links to two recipes.  I still haven't tried the smoked one but I did make some where I added some Red Boat salt to the salt mixture and they were great. 

Edited to add that there's also a topic on curing egg yolks in miso.  I used the miso method to cure whole chicken eggs and posted about them in that thread and they were great. Downside is that it uses a good bit of miso if you want to do a bunch of eggs. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I pick up duck eggs at the farmers market from time to time and use them like chicken eggs, usually saving them for dishes where the flavor will shine as they are more expensive. 

One thing you might try is making salt-cured egg yolks.  It's not going to use up a ton of eggs for you but they have a great umami flavor when grated over pasta or salads and they keep forever in the fridge once they're dried.  Here's a post where I described making some.  It has links to two recipes.  I still haven't tried the smoked one but I did make some where I added some Red Boat salt to the salt mixture and they were great.