• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

bud long neck bottles

tommy

can you *feel* that it's the king of beers?

this new bottle is very exciting for me.  a subtle faux finish of sorts. the insides, however, remain as sweet and crappy as ever.  gotta love it.

Is it rifled for better accuracy over long distances? :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

Although the long neck on a beer bottle slows down the delivery time, gotta love that "glug glug glug" sound, kind of like a burbling brook...

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

• 4 weeks later...

Got a question re: Bud.

In the UK they ahve started advertising that it is best to drink a beer when it is young and they have started putting the bottling date on the bottle.

(a) does this happen in the US

(b) is this just a marketing gimmick seeing as they don't actually tell you what the best age to drink it at.

As I never drink Bud it doesn't really concern me but I am just curious.

Bud in the US has had the "born on" date for quite some time. it seems logical that you don't want to drink bud too long after it has been bottled. although, i can't imagine "refusing" a bottle of bud at a bar because the date suggests it's "past its prime." it's a 3 dollar bud fer fuck's sake. :biggrin: