• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gulfporter

gulfporter

23 hours ago, heidih said:

kimchi as topping or added in? Beef? Do you bun it with a locally available bread or eat nekkid?

I use ground pork for burgers here; personal preference.  Bun it on toasted Bimbo rolls (think Wonder bread), with a squeeze of gochujang (I stock up in US or pay the piper here when I see it).  A local organic shop stocks locally made kimchi which we mound on top of the grilled burgers.  

bimbo.jpg

gulfporter

gulfporter

2 hours ago, heidih said:

kimchi as topping or added in? Beef? Do you bun it with a locally available bread or eat nekkid?

I use ground pork for burgers here; personal preference.  Bun it on toasted Bimbo rolls (think Wonder bread), with a squeeze of gochujang (I stock up in US or pay the piper here when I see it).  A local organic shop stocks locally made kimchi.  

bimbo.jpg