• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

Wings were always on my party menu, or "keep the hungry boys placated" go-to list - especially when I had a dedicated poultry guy down the road. He sold in 5 - 10 pound bags at great price. He'd have hacked off the tips and would give them for free to regulars. I used in stock. My personal preference is the flat - such sweet meat, but Americans in my experience prefer the "drumettes".  I baked them on sheet pans after coating with whatever I concocted from the condiment selection. Often soy sauce, BBQ sauce, mustard, garlic powder. I did not go too spicy as wanted to please the majority. A no-brainer party food especially when I finally "discovered" parchment paper. 

I never had the fried Buffalo Wings w/ Frank's hot sauce until a neighbor fried some up at a gathering. Not my favorite. Between the hot sauce and the blue cheese dip - "where's the chicken taste?". 

I'll refer back to see what everyone comes up with once I really get my kitchen back. The Cook-Offs are a great reference and jumping off point.

heidih

heidih

Wings were always on my party menu, or "keep the hungry boys placated" go-to list - especially when I had a dedicated poultry guy down the road. He sold in 5 - 10 pound bags at great price. He'd have hacked off the tips and would give them for free to regulars. I used in stock. My personal preference is the flat - such sweet meat, but Americans in my experience [prefer the "drumettes".  I baked them on sheet pans after coating with whatever I concocted from the condiment selection. Often soy sauce, BBQ sauce, mustard, garlic powder. I did not go too spicy as wanted to please the majority. A no-brainer party food especially when I finally "discovered" parchment paper. 

I never had the fried Buffalo Wings w/ Frank's hot sauce until a neighbor fried some up at a gathering. Not my favorite. Between the hot sauce and the blue cheese dip - "where's the chicken taste". 

I'll refer back to see what everyone comes up with once I really get my kitchen back. The Cook-Offs are a great reference and jumping off point.