• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

After breakfast I went straight to a certain well-known producer to try my first traditional Oaxacan chocolate drinks.

100% pure chocolate in one cup, the other one has milk and vanilla.

BBWNd71.jpg

One of the typical Oaxacan breads to eat alongside chocolate drinks. This one is called "yolk bread". Super fluffy and only mildly sweet.

Zq6yRPP.jpg

Chocolate is dissolved in the kitchen and the server uses a wooden tool to "beat" it until frothy. Then he pours it into your cup.

grYWHgZ.jpg

zaC6VLG.jpg

One of Mexico's (culinary) gifts to the world!

oRUc5o7.jpg

kDkuIRj.jpg

uoiZyqZ.jpg

Can't wait to go back here after breakfast.

@chefmd, whilst walking past boarding gates at MEX seeing listed destinations I was thinking to myself there's nowhere else I would rather be right now. Because, ballenas/whales!!! Feels so good to be back in Me.Hi.Co!

yfTAOxT.jpg

6:30 departure. (Thanks, air traffic controllers*, for keeping me safe! *who have the most stressful job in the world)

nLRSy1I.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

After breakfast I went straight to a certain well-known producer to try my first traditional Oaxacan chocolate drinks.

BBWNd71.jpg

One of the typical Oaxacan breads to eat alongside chocolate drinks. This one is called "yolk bread". Super fluffy and only mildly sweet.

Zq6yRPP.jpg

Chocolate is dissolved in the kitchen and the server uses a wooden tool to "beat" it until frothy. Then he pours it into your cup.

grYWHgZ.jpg

zaC6VLG.jpg

oRUc5o7.jpg

kDkuIRj.jpg

uoiZyqZ.jpg

@chefmd, whilst walking past boarding gates at MEX seeing listed destinations I was thinking to myself there's nowhere I would rather be right now. Because, ballenas/whales!!! Feels so good to be back in Me.Hi.Co!

yfTAOxT.jpg

6:30 departure. (Thanks, air traffic controllers*, for keeping me safe! *who have the most stressful job in the world)

nLRSy1I.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

BBWNd71.jpg

Zq6yRPP.jpg

grYWHgZ.jpg

zaC6VLG.jpg

oRUc5o7.jpg

kDkuIRj.jpg

uoiZyqZ.jpg

@chefmd, whilst walking past boarding gates at MEX seeing listed destinations I was thinking to myself there's nowhere I would rather be right now. Because, ballenas/whales!!! Feels so good to be back in Me.Hi.Co!

yfTAOxT.jpg

6:30 departure. (Thanks, air traffic controllers*, for keeping me safe! *who has the most stressful job in the world)

nLRSy1I.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

BBWNd71.jpg

Zq6yRPP.jpg

Chocolate is dissolved in the kitchen and the server uses a wooden tool to "beat" the chocolate until frothy. Then he pours it into your cup.

grYWHgZ.jpg

zaC6VLG.jpg

oRUc5o7.jpg

kDkuIRj.jpg

uoiZyqZ.jpg

yfTAOxT.jpg

6:30 departure. (Thanks, air traffic controllers*, for keeping me safe! *who has the most stressful job in the world)

nLRSy1I.jpg