• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

13 hours ago, BonVivant said:

u4VN2Sr.jpg

I would have bought these 2 cups but I no longer buy stuff. Only edible souvenirs.

ZjqGDiw.jpg

Those are incredibly beautiful!  I've never seen anything like them.

Lunch the other day was pretty horrible.  I heated up what I thought was leftover Sloppy Joe meat.  When I stirred it, I realized that it was much pastier than that would have been.  It turned out that Mr. Kim had taken the Sloppy Joe to the office and what I had was leftover canned hot dog chili (no beans Hormel).  I put it on a bun with some slaw and hoped for the best.  It honestly reminded me of when we dropped in on Mr. Kim’s mom for the first time and she offered us an impromptu BBQ sandwich.  It turned out to be canned BBQ.  I’m not even sure if it was pork or beef.  Awful stuff.  As was this.  Served with good beans, though:

IMG_8186.jpg.81c0157f8608b1468975d973f0e50f7e.jpg

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

13 hours ago, BonVivant said:

u4VN2Sr.jpg

I would have bought these 2 cups but I no longer buy stuff. Only edible souvenirs.

ZjqGDiw.jpg

Tuesday:

IMG_8185.jpg.b8f1c2ad77464d385983785a70175607.jpg

Today:

IMG_8204.jpg.05009f854a452c3734403d28c26f96d4.jpg 

I need to either start buying my rye bread at a bakery or making it myself.  The commercial loaves are sliced so thin that by the time a slice gets toasted properly, it’s as crisp and Melba toast.  Still tastes good, though. 

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

11 hours ago, BonVivant said:

u4VN2Sr.jpg

ZjqGDiw.jpg