• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Checked out another "organic market" where I had some lunch.
Food does not look like in the advertised photo but it's prawns.

dudaOlf.jpg

Oaxaca is corn territory. Flour tortillas don't exist here, and don't even dare ask.

T9Jno69.jpg

Fish ceviche 'tostada', on same big and crispy tortilla.

1iBukJn.jpg

Crispy critters, but no earworms and isopods. Mostly garlicky, savoury grasshoppers.

yKMn2GU.jpg

fovoCCF.jpg

Master potter demonstrates how Zapotecan black pottery is made. Takes about 4 weeks or from this to the final product, all manually. No glaze is applied. @chefmdand @Kim ShookI have asked. Apparently the lead issue does not extend to black pottery as the lead is in the glaze.

u4VN2Sr.jpg

I would have bought these 2 cups but I no longer buy stuff. Only edible souvenirs.

ZjqGDiw.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

dudaOlf.jpg

Oaxaca is corn territory. Flour tortillas don't exist here, and don't even dare ask.

T9Jno69.jpg

1iBukJn.jpg

Crispy critters, but no earworms and isopods. Mostly garlicky, savoury grasshoppers.

yKMn2GU.jpg

fovoCCF.jpg

Master potter demonstrates how Zapotecan black pottery is made. Takes about 4 weeks or from this to the final product, all manually. No glaze is applied. @chefmdI have asked. Apparently the lead issue does not extend to black pottery as the lead is in the glaze.

u4VN2Sr.jpg

I would have bought these 2 cups but I no longer buy stuff. Only edible souvenirs.

ZjqGDiw.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

dudaOlf.jpg

T9Jno69.jpg

1iBukJn.jpg

Crispy critters, but no woodlice and isopods. Mostly garlicky, savoury grasshoppers.

yKMn2GU.jpg

fovoCCF.jpg

Master potter demonstrates how Zapotecan black pottery is made. Takes about 4 weeks or from this to the final product, all manually. No glaze is applied. @chefmdI have asked. Apparently the lead issue does not extend to black pottery as the lead is in the glaze.

u4VN2Sr.jpg

ZjqGDiw.jpg