• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@Shelby - The cocktail sauce actually is for the cheese.  I think it must be a family thing because I don't know anyone else who does this except my dad's family.  I guess my mom got it from them, because I grew up with it.  If there is a plate of nibbles that includes cheese or bologna or ring sausage and crackers, there is always a little bowl of cocktail sauce.  No clue where or when that started, but my paternal family is very into cocktail/happy house culture and has always been as far as I can remember.  My  83 year old dad and his twin brother sit down to wine and a carefully arranged plate of nibbles every night at 5pm.  I think I'm ready to start following the family tradition😁!

I'm pretty sure this was lunch:

IMG_7887.jpg.a741558d2a49636b660337077d85794e.jpg

😊

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

The cocktail sauce actually is for the cheese.  I think it must be a family thing because I don't know anyone else who does this except my dad's family.  I guess my mom got it from them, because I grew up with it.  If there is a plate of nibbles that includes cheese or bologna or ring sausage and crackers, there is always a little bowl of cocktail sauce.  No clue where or when that started, but my paternal family is very into cocktail/happy house culture and has always been as far as I can remember.  My  83 year old dad and his twin brother sit down to wine and a carefully arranged plate of nibbles every night at 5pm.  I think I'm ready to start following the family tradition😁!

I'm pretty sure this was lunch:

IMG_7887.jpg.a741558d2a49636b660337077d85794e.jpg

😊