• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

This isn't my breakfast. A friend sent me the pictureand I thought it was interesting enough to share.

23104192__20221214092919.thumb.jpg.a866b825b1c9bc2e90ca7bf9651bd658.jpg

白粥 (bái zhōu), plain rice porridge/congee; 酸菜 (suān cài), pickled mustard greens, 牛乳包 (niú rǔ bāo). Apart from the last item, this is a fairly typical Chinese breakfast. Ignore the lemons; they weren't part of breakfast.

The 牛乳包 (niú rǔ bāo) are some sort of steamed bun containing a filling made from milk. I've never seen them so I've never eaten them so I can't say much more about that at this stage.  I suspect however, they are sweet. I'll ask later. My friend is a teacher and in class now.

I often eat congee and baozi buns for breakfast, but I stick to 肉包 (ròu bāo), pork buns.

liuzhou

liuzhou

This isn't my breakfast. A friend sent me the pictureand I thought it was interesting enough to share.

23104192__20221214092919.thumb.jpg.a866b825b1c9bc2e90ca7bf9651bd658.jpg

白粥 (bái zhōu), plain rice porridge/congee; 酸菜 (suān cài), pickled mustard greens, 牛乳包 (niú rǔ bāo). Apart from the last item, this is a fairly typical Chinese breakfast.

The 牛乳包 (niú rǔ bāo) are some sort of steamed bun containing a filling made from milk. I've never seen them so I've never eaten them so I can't say much more about that at this stage.  I suspect however, they are sweet. I'll ask later. My friend is a teacher and in class now.

I often eat congee and baozi buns for breakfast, but I stick to 肉包 (ròu bāo), pork buns.