• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

20 minutes ago, heidih said:

@blue_dolphin not sue on the onion rng base but your creamed spinach is calling. Your method? One of my fave childhood comfort foods.

I don't have a go-to recipe but found this online and used it as a general guideline.  I used Crystal hot sauce instead of cayenne and grated in a bit of nutmeg. I thawed what was left in a bag of frozen spinach rather than use fresh and left it on the saucy side instead of opening another package. 

Edited to add that when I was getting the onion rings, I considered buying a package of frozen creamed spinach but I figured I ought to cook something!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

18 minutes ago, heidih said:

@blue_dolphin not sue on the onion rng base but your creamed spinach is calling. Your method? One of my fave childhood comfort foods.

I don't have a go-to recipe but found this online and used it as a general guideline.  I used Crystal hot sauce instead of cayenne and grated in a bit of nutmeg. I thawed what was left in a bag of frozen spinach rather than use fresh and left it on the saucy side instead of opening another package. 

Edited to add that When I was getting the onion rings, considered buying a package of frozen creamed spinach but I figured I ought to cook something!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

6 minutes ago, heidih said: