• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add comment

This is based on the I Dream of Dinner recipe for Crispy Potato, Egg & Cheese Tacos. The header note just says, "So crisp, you could even skip the tortilla," so I did.

19A52CF4-2849-4C9F-A4A7-3DED230AFE97_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.6e324a6c2badf9e683d2121b514967bd.jpeg

The recipe calls for grated russet potato and Cheddar cheese.  I used yellow potato, grated medium rather than large, squeezed out some moisture in a paper towel, and a mix of grated Gruyere and Red Leicester.  Added hot sauce after the photo. 

Probably the quickest possible breakfast potato & egg combo I can imagine. I would definitely do this again. 

On 11/13/2022 at 10:33 AM, Anna N said:

When in doubt – – don’t. Another emergency egg sandwich from I Dream of Dinner.  I had serious doubts (and only frozen spinach), but…

59E7E591-C53E-4B82-BB89-620348063BE6.thumb.jpeg.dde5292b4fea6cf5bad417b2ca583be8.jpegPan-toasted bun, wilted spinach, fried egg, and pickled ginger. Nope!

Love all the ingredients, but not together. 

Would the ketchup and hot sauce have made it better? Wilted spinach? Don’t think so.

@Anna N, I'm glad you tried that one, because now I don't need to.  I couldn't quite imagine those ingredients doing much for each other but thought maybe there was some magic I was missing!  

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

This is based on the I Dream of Dinner recipe for Crispy Potato, Egg & Cheese Tacos. The header note just says, "So crisp, you could even skip the tortilla," so I did.

19A52CF4-2849-4C9F-A4A7-3DED230AFE97_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.6e324a6c2badf9e683d2121b514967bd.jpeg

The recipe calls for grated russet potato and Cheddar cheese.  I used yellow potato, grated medium rather than large, squeezed out some moisture in a paper towel, and a mix of grated Gruyere and Red Leicester.  Added hot sauce after the photo. 

Probably the quickest possible breakfast potato & egg combo I can imagine. I would definitely do this again.