• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

My bacon grease egg fried rice for start of day.  A big batch as I will be parceling it out later to others.  

The only fresh veg I had in house was Chinese celery.  So I stir fried/charred some dehydrated carrot shreds and onions along with the celery stalks to get the caramelized flavor, adding dried chives to the eggs and tore the celery leaves to add at the end to wilt down a bit.   Seasoning is XO brand thick soy, some Bragg's liquid aminos, sesame oil and white pepper.    Stove is a mess since bits go flying everywhere, but man, bacon grease really does something special to fried rice.

IMG_1067.JPG

lemniscate

lemniscate

My bacon grease egg fried rice for start of day.  A big batch as I will be parceling it out later to others.  

The only fresh veg I had in house was Chinese celery.  So I stir fried/charred some dehydrated carrot shreds and onions along with the celery stalks to get the caramelized flavor, adding dried chives to the eggs and tore the celery leaves to add at the end to wilt down a bit.   Seasoning is XO brand thick soy, some Bragg's liquid aminos and white pepper.    Stove is a mess since bits go flying everywhere, but man, bacon grease really does something special to fried rice.

IMG_1067.JPG