• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

23 hours ago, Tropicalsenior said:

It looks like a pickled cucumber salad. Would you share a recipe?

It's not pickled, actually.  It was just cucumbers that I chopped and tossed with salt and sugar, then rinsed and tossed with cilantro and a dressing made from soy sauce, garlic, ginger, siriacha, rice vinegar, oil, and a pinch of sugar.  

It was really cold last night, so we had spicy noodle soup with lots of ginger, spinach, and cilantro, plus some sole that I baked separately and added at the end.

861956352_fishsoup.thumb.jpg.73ade8a76abfb6342845536899496a63.jpg

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

23 hours ago, Tropicalsenior said:

It looks like a pickled cucumber salad. Would you share a recipe?

It's not pickled, actually.  It was just cucumbers that I chopped and tossed with salt and sugar, then rinsed and tossed with cilantro and a dressing made from soy sauce, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, oil, and a pinch of sugar.  

It was really cold last night, so we had spicy noodle soup with lots of ginger, spinach, and cilantro, plus some sole that I baked separately and added at the end.

861956352_fishsoup.thumb.jpg.73ade8a76abfb6342845536899496a63.jpg