• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

&roid

&roid

We don’t often have sweet potatoes but I needed some for a curry base recently so had half a bag left over. 

Me and youngest kitchen porter decided to make some gnocchi with them which were delicious. Fried in some brown butter with a bit of sage and served with a tomato sauce to cut though the richness a bit. They had a great light texture, much nicer than “normal” potato ones I’ve made.  

C22EC288-C0C5-47F3-9F7F-AA4E23A718BD.jpeg

5F27239F-CCA5-4DC4-9EFD-3E60C791385D.jpeg

They were nice and rustic thanks to KP’s cutting!

&roid

&roid

We don’t often have sweet potatoes but I needed some for a curry base recently so had half a bag left over. 

Me and youngest kitchen porter decided to make some gnocchi with them which were delicious. Fried in some brown butter with a bit of sage and served with a tomato sauce to cut though the richness a bit. They had a great light texture, much nicer than “normal” potato ones I’ve made.  

C22EC288-C0C5-47F3-9F7F-AA4E23A718BD.jpeg

5F27239F-CCA5-4DC4-9EFD-3E60C791385D.jpeg