• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@Dejah – Thank you!  Here's the recipe for the parfaits and this is what I used for the crumble.  I’ve done a quick version in the past with purchased cookies, but these work best.  The original recipe was from Cooking Light Magazine and called for low fat ice cream.  I used regular. 

@Shelby – I totally agree about needing more sausage with sausage gravy!  I also want the meatloaf and the fried fish!

I was feeling kind of poorly on Tuesday and needed some gentle comfort food for dinner:

1-IMG_0470.jpg.85b7b727082f1aff9440f39b811adb58.jpg

Creamed chipped beef on toast and chicken and wild rice soup (canned). 

Last night:

1-IMG_0477.jpg.412841f98ebd4ad3ad578d0daee9747a.jpg

Lidl bakery soft pretzel, a couple of dogs, and sauerkraut. 

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@Dejah – Thank you!  Here’s the recipe for the parfaits and this is what I used for the crumble.  I’ve done a quick version in the past with purchased cookies, but these work best.  The original recipe was from Cooking Light Magazine and called for low fat ice cream.  I used regular. 

@Shelby – I totally agree about needing more sausage with sausage gravy!  I also want the meatloaf and the fried fish!

I was feeling kind of poorly on Tuesday and needed some gentle comfort food for dinner:

1-IMG_0470.jpg.85b7b727082f1aff9440f39b811adb58.jpg

Creamed chipped beef on toast and chicken and wild rice soup (canned). 

Last night:

1-IMG_0477.jpg.412841f98ebd4ad3ad578d0daee9747a.jpg

Lidl bakery soft pretzel, a couple of dogs, and sauerkraut.