• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

44 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

rutabaga or turnip

I agree with you. I love rutabaga and it was my daughter's favorite vegetable when they were growing up. There are so many different ways to fix rutabagas and turnips and I really miss them. I have never seen them here in Costa Rica so I tried growing them myself a couple times and it turns out that the insects love them as much as I do. That's probably why they're not a very popular crop here.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

37 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

rutabaga or turnip

I love rutabaga and it was my daughter's favorite vegetable when they were growing up. There are so many different ways to fix rutabagas and turnips and I really miss them. I have never seen them here in Costa Rica so I tried growing them myself a couple times and it turns out that the insects love them as much as I do. That's probably why they're not a very popular crop here.