• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

1 hour ago, KennethT said:

Is laksa leaf available where you are?  It looks like mint on top.  Can you share your laksa recipe? It looks like a katong laksa rather than a penang assam laksa...

Not available at the slightest. I'd be surprised if 50 in Israel even heard of laksa leaves. You have sharp eyes - this is mint. Not a true substitute, but very tasty still.

I'm not sure if katong laksa is the same as curry laksa (aka curry mee), but it seems so based on a couple minutes reading online.

I'll post the recipe later, remind me if I forget.

shain

shain

1 hour ago, KennethT said:

Is laksa leaf available where you are?  It looks like mint on top.  Can you share your laksa recipe? It looks like a katong laksa rather than a penang assam laksa...

Not available at the slightest. I'd be surprised if 50 in Israel even heard of laksa leaves. You have sharp eyes - this is mint. Not a true substitute, but very tasty still.

I'm not sure if katong laksa is the same as curry laksa (aka curry mee), but it seems so based on a couple minutes reading online.