• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

1 hour ago, heidih said:

So with the dark skin - was it wasted or just in need of a scrape to be edible? Finak skin texture? How do you enjoy the brain?

Heidih--  the drk skin was just a bit gummy/  was gonna blow torch it/  but u know after a day of cooking

MY intentions was to get a nice golden crispy skin.  I also spritzed it often..maybe could have effected it

The brain--i decided to make a pig head ramen soup later this week    :)  I used the stripped bones for a killer stock

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

54 minutes ago, heidih said:

So with the dark skin - was it wasted or just in need of a scrape to be edible? Finak skin texture? How do you enjoy the brain?

Heidih--  the drk skin was just a bit gummy/  was gonna blow torch it/  but u know after a day of cooking

MY intentions was to get a nice golden crispy skin.  I also spritzed it often..maybe could have effected it

The brain--i decided to make a pig head ramen soup later this week    :)  I used the stripped bones for a killer broth