• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

@Marlene, scary having a tree come down on your roof. You were lucky that it didn't damage your house.

That leg of lamb looks amazing.   Perfectly cooked. 

@gulfporter , now that is one beautiful pizza.

603805278_BurgersandHomemadePotatoChipsOctober23rd2022.thumb.jpg.45d74c2a0af2a7cdbdd2a7dfc0f17493.jpg

Burgers and homemade potato chips for dinner last night. I added about 4 oz of ground pork to 1 1/4 lbs of sirloin. Made four burgers.
Two went into the freezer destined for a quick work night dinner and the other two were grilled for dinner.
Seasoned with just salt and pepper. The pork adds just enough fat to the sirloin.
This has become my favourite mix for burgers.
Used the slicing blade on the new Breville 16 cup FP. Took less than 5 seconds to slice 4 russet potatoes.
Ann_T

Ann_T

@Marlene, scary having a tree come down on your roof. You were lucky that it didn't damage your house.

That leg of lamb looks amazing.   Perfectly cooked. 

603805278_BurgersandHomemadePotatoChipsOctober23rd2022.thumb.jpg.45d74c2a0af2a7cdbdd2a7dfc0f17493.jpg

Burgers and homemade potato chips for dinner last night. I added about 4 oz of ground pork to 1 1/4 lbs of sirloin. Made four burgers.
Two went into the freezer destined for a quick work night dinner and the other two were grilled for dinner.
Seasoned with just salt and pepper. The pork adds just enough fat to the sirloin.
This has become my favourite mix for burgers.
Used the slicing blade on the new Breville 16 cup FP. Took less than 5 seconds to slice 4 russet potatoes.