• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

6 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

@Kim Shook     All reasonable experiences and good advice.   Concern is for those less able in the kitchen than you and Mr. Kim.    In fact, a heavy bird or ham and/or boiling broth are dangerous regardless of vessel.   Planning work space, especially transfer spots and "landing places" are crucial before moving any hot foods.    But planning or more important anticipating problems is often overlooked by novices.   

Amen. We have a large peninsula in our kitchen and I began rearranging some things on it in anticipation of Thursday. 

Porthos

Porthos

@Kim Shook     All reasonable experiences and good advice.   Concern is for those less able in the kitchen than you and Mr. Kim.    In fact, a heavy bird or ham and/or boiling broth are dangerous regardless of vessel.   Planning work space, especially transfer spots and "landing places" are crucial before moving any hot foods.    But planning or more important anticipating problems is often overlooked by novices.   

Amen. We have large peninsula in our kitchen and I began rearranging some things on it in anticipation of Thursday. 

Porthos

Porthos

Amen. We have large peninsula in our kitchen and I began rearranging some things in anticipation of Thursday.