• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

7 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Plus they have the centuries-old traditions of drying, pickling, and preserving their food.

Then again, maybe it's because they tried it and they just don't like it. I can't say that I would blame them for that.

Indeed. most of the frozen seafood is actually water, priced at seafood prices. The frozen dumplings are, at best, average.

Why would anyone buy frozen shrimp in  water, when they can walk 5 minutes away and buy the things live for less?

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Plus they have the centuries-old traditions of drying, pickling, and preserving their food.

Then again, maybe it's because they tried it and they just don't like it. I can't say that I would blame them for that.

Indeed. most of the frozen seafood is actually water, priced at seafood prices. The frozen dumplings are, at best, average.