• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

15 hours ago, Anna N said:

if your aim in life is to master the art of making pizza you will consider the cost well worth it. As I said, your mileage may vary.

i think if one's aim is to master any art, one ought work with a master; say with Gabrielle Bonci. Or Jim Lahey. Or Anthony Mangieri. Nancy Silverton. Or at da Michelle. Patsy's. etc.

We can learn lots from books, but nothing like watching the hands of a master.

weinoo

weinoo

14 hours ago, Anna N said:

if your aim in life is to master the art of making pizza you will consider the cost well worth it. As I said, your mileage may vary.

i think if one's aim is to master any art, one ought work with a master; say with Gabrielle Bonci. Or Jim Lahey. Or Anthony Mangieri. Nancy Silverton. Or at da Michelle. Patsy's. etc.

We can learn lots from books, but nothing like watching the hands of a master.

And we all are waiting to hear from @scott123 and how he feels about this collection.