• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

13 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Does the reheated rice really have as good a texture and flavor as rice held at temperature in the Zojirushi?

I would imagine it would get dried out overnight if held at 135F+ (to prevent it from going bad) unless that Zojirushi machine has a seal feature maybe it wont dry out. I know my rice cooker only vents but its not top of the line. 

FeChef

FeChef

8 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Does the reheated rice really have as good a texture and flavor as rice held at temperature in the Zojirushi?

I would imagine it would get dried out overnight if held at 135F+ (to prevent it from going bad) unless that Zojirushi machine has a seal feature maybe it wont dry out. I know my rice coker only vents but its not top of the line.