• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jimb0

jimb0

yeah, buying happy chicken eggs is pretty important to me and i just put anything extra i spend down to the cost of doing business. commercial eggs are just kind of a heinous operation a lot of the time.

i've used ten already: 2 went into a shakwich for supper last night for my so, and 8 more went into the buttermilk brioche for the doughnuts. the doughnut dough has been sitting out since yesterday; i'm going to give 'er another turn then put it in the fridge for tomorrow. i'll probably split it in half because i don't want to spend the entire day frying doughnuts: this is a big batch of dough, and it should freeze perfectly well.

18 hours ago, Alex said:

Egg bites made in the Instant Pot. I also use local "farm eggs." My go-to is bacon + spinach + Jarlsberg. I'm due for another batch after I pick up some cottage cheese tomorrow.

curious; it seems like ten minutes at pressure would be a long time for eggs. 10 minutes is what i put in for sausages and they come out very hot.

jimb0

jimb0

yeah, buying happy chicken eggs is pretty important to me and i just put anything extra i spend down to the cost of doing business. commercial eggs are just kind of a heinous operation a lot of the time.

i've used ten already: 2 went into a shakwich for supper last night for my so, and 8 more went into the buttermilk brioche for the doughnuts. the doughnut dough has been sitting out since yesterday; i'm going to give 'er another turn then put it in the fridge for tomorrow. i'll probably split it in half because i don't want to spend the entire day frying doughnuts: this is a big batch of dough, and it should freeze perfectly well.

18 hours ago, Alex said:

Egg bites made in the Instant Pot. I also use local "farm eggs." My go-to is bacon + spinach + Jarlsberg. I'm due for another batch after I pick up some cottage cheese tomorrow.

curious; it seems like ten minutes at pressure is actually a long time for eggs. 10 minutes is what i put in for sausages and they come out very hot.