• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

@JoNorvelleWalker The Anova won't fit a half sheet pan either! 🤣 I'm sure I'll end up with one eventually, but I have trouble justifying replacing the CSO so quickly. And trust me, with a new house, any checks recently and soon-to-be received are long gone. I joked the other day that I should just reconfigure my direct deposit to go to Home Depot.

@gfweb Tried that, no luck. They are the kind that have a curve in them to stop the rack pulling all the way out, so the pan won't go in all the way.

@weinoo For a lot of things a quarter sheet is fine (and I have plenty of them) but the 9" dimension is too small for some stuff. Won't fit under a pie plate or a springform, e.g.

OOC, why do you dislike the shiny finish on the Teamfars? I have a few of their small pans for the CSO and it's never struck me as making much difference.

dtremit

dtremit

@JoNorvelleWalker The Anova won't fit a half sheet pan either! 🤣 I'm sure I'll end up with one eventually, but I have trouble justifying replacing the CSO so quickly. And trust me, with a new house, all checks recently received are long gone. I joked the other day that I should just reconfigure my direct deposit to go to Home Depot.

@gfweb Tried that, no luck. They are the kind that have a curve in them to stop the rack pulling all the way out, so the pan won't go in all the way.

@weinoo For a lot of things a quarter sheet is fine (and I have plenty of them) but the 9" dimension is too small for some stuff. Won't fit under a pie plate or a springform, e.g.

OOC, why do you dislike the shiny finish on the Teamfars? I have a few of their small pans for the CSO and it's never struck me as making much difference.