• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

The "illegal" comment was in reference to the fact they are no longer meant to eat in their accomodation as previously noted.

And he will 100% put the pasta and potato in his sandwich. 

And on to Semantics. 

I have never heard of the word in question being used to mean anything other than Sandwich. It is innocent Australian vernacular as far as I am concerned. But this morning I have been educated that it has other meanings in the US / Spanish so I will no longer use it on this forum. "Sando" is a Japanese colloquialism I believe that the US has jumped on for instagram - or a vest in the Phillipines 🤷‍♀️

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

The "illegal" comment was in reference to the fact they are no longer meant to eat in their accomodation as previously noted.

He will 100% put the pasta and potato in his sandwich. 

And on to Semantics. 

I have never heard of the word in question being used to mean anything other than Sandwich. It is innocent Australian vernacular as far as I am concerned. But this morning I have been educated that it has other meanings in the US / Spanish so I will no longer use it. "Sando" is a Japanese colloquialism I believe.