• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

42 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@blue_dolphin 

what an interesting idea .

my guess is you get the bowl above ' as is '

per you choice.  do you get the broth

separate , and then just heat up ?

looks delicious

Yes, basically as you say.  ZEF BBQ is a small pandemic-driven operation that puts out a limited menu once a week for pre-orders on Wednesday for Saturday pick-ups.  Usually big on BBQ with the best banana pudding for dessert but this week was a little different.

They described this week's ramen as Hokkaido-style Tonkatsu broth, thick cut Chāshū, 7-minute egg, scallion, roasted tomato & Sun noodles.  The broth comes in a separate tub, completely jellied. They have heating instructions here that they provide with the order. 

This week, I also got some of their "Spam" musubi.  They make their own "Spam" from a mix of pork and brisket.  Haven't tried that yet.  The Goan-style mussels I ate right away yesterday and they were amazing.  The team got roasted peach & bourbon popsicles as a tip from me 🙃

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

18 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@blue_dolphin 

what an interesting idea .

my guess is you get the bowl above ' as is '

per you choice.  do you get the broth

separate , and then just heat up ?

looks delicious

Yes, basically as you say.  ZEF BBQ is a small pandemic-driven operation that puts out a limited menu once a week for pre-orders on Wednesday for Saturday pick-ups.  Usually big on BBQ with the best banana pudding for dessert but this week was a little different.

They described this week's ramen as Hokkaido-style Tonkatsu broth, thick cut Chāshū, 7-minute egg, scallion, roasted tomato & Sun noodles.  They have heating instructions here that they provide with the order. 

This week, I also got some of their "Spam" musubi.  They make their own "Spam" from a mix of pork and brisket.  Haven't tried that yet.  The Goan-style mussels I ate right away yesterday and they were amazing.  The team got roasted peach & bourbon popsicles as a tip from me 🙃