• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

12 minutes ago, Ann_T said:
At 5:00 AM this morning, I decided to make Apple Turnovers. Moe wanted something sweet.
Made a "quick" version of puff pastry and got into the fridge. Then started on the apples, cut up and simmered in butter, sugar (white and brown), a little fresh squeezed lemon juice, pinch of salt, and cinnamon. Cooked until caramelized and then into the freezer for a quick cool.
Rolled out half of the puff pastry, cut into four 6" squares, filled with an 1/8th of the apples. brushed turnovers with milk and sprinkled with a little sugar and baked.
Drizzled with a brown butter glaze.

955076909_AppleTurnoversJanuary31st2021.thumb.jpg.18a52500407ce6b3442e0d514d7ca780.jpg

By 7:30 Moe was enjoying with a second cappuccino.

Made four more with the other half of dough and froze them for another day.

Did you freeze them unbaked or baked?   I love these.

lemniscate

lemniscate

11 minutes ago, Ann_T said:
At 5:00 AM this morning, I decided to make Apple Turnovers. Moe wanted something sweet.
Made a "quick" version of puff pastry and got into the fridge. Then started on the apples, cut up and simmered in butter, sugar (white and brown), a little fresh squeezed lemon juice, pinch of salt, and cinnamon. Cooked until caramelized and then into the freezer for a quick cool.
Rolled out half of the puff pastry, cut into four 6" squares, filled with an 1/8th of the apples. brushed turnovers with milk and sprinkled with a little sugar and baked.

955076909_AppleTurnoversJanuary31st2021.thumb.jpg.18a52500407ce6b3442e0d514d7ca780.jpg

Did you freeze the unbaked or baked?   I love these.

lemniscate

lemniscate

10 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

Did you freeze the uncooked or baked?