• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Steamed eggs, with fresh roe sacs, mince and chopped salted mustard/turnips (the kind that's preserved whole in salt and turns brown, typical in Hakka cuisine). North Sea shrimp are added before eating. Earthen pots are Cretan yogurt pots, holds 500ml of yogurt each. The pots are glazed on the inside only.

FKIMXks.jpg

NealwHX.jpg

Squash simmered in kelp and dashi. In Okinawa they put spam in it but I don't like spam.

VbaLDDE.jpg

The squash I used in photo below. Not sure what it's called. Dense flesh, very sweet. Only like dense fleshed and sweet with depth winter squashes.

vXG72ZE.jpg

On 10/31/2021 at 8:41 PM, heidih said:

Wow that is a gorgeous vibrant kale field! I've ridden through cabbage fields - distinctive odor. Kale? 

The kale that I portioned and vacuum sealed releases an intense smell when the bag is cut open. To me it's a sweet smell.

Also Urbock, @Duvel

Presents to myself had arrived yesterday. My love for Bamberg is deep and unconditional.

dCcW0X0.jpg

m0vOKYZ.jpg

Drinking the Schnapps now

5ZPWt42.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Steamed eggs, with fresh roe sacs, mince and chopped salted mustard/turnips (the kind that's preserved whole in salt and turns brown, typical in Hakka cuisine). North Sea shrimp are added before eating. Earthen pots are Cretan yogurt pots, holds 500ml of yogurt each. The pots are glazed on the inside only.

FKIMXks.jpg

NealwHX.jpg

Squash simmered in kelp and dashi. In Okinawa they put spam in it but I don't like spam.

VbaLDDE.jpg

The squash I used in photo below. Not sure what it's called. Dense flesh, very sweet. Only like dense fleshed and sweet with depth winter squashes.

vXG72ZE.jpg

On 10/31/2021 at 8:41 PM, heidih said:

Wow that is a gorgeous vibrant kale field! I've ridden through cabbage fields - distinctive odor. Kale? 

The kale that I portioned and vacuum sealed releases an intense smell when the bag is cut open. To me it's a sweet smell.