• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

I've been jonesing for ravioli (for some reason), and since I don't really make fresh pasta (for some reason), my trip to Formaggio Essex yesterday was quite successful, as they started carrying a very good product...

IMG_4255.thumb.jpeg.9d412a87ff88938bbd0e058cf758f428.jpeg

Wild mushroom and ricotta ravioli, with a butter/olive oil/parmesan cream sauce.  A side of sautéed corn off the cob, which was quite sweet.

The ravioli is made by an NYC institution; for well over 100 years, Raffetto's has been selling pasta, in all it's iterations, on W. Houston St. in Greenwich Village. And it's good. And at well under $10 for 48 pieces, the price can't be beat. Next up - classic meat or cheese in red sauce.

weinoo

weinoo

I've been jonesing for ravioli (for some reason), and since I don't really make fresh pasta (for some reason), my trip to Formaggio Essex yesterday was quite successful, as they started carrying a very good product...

Wild mushroom and ricotta ravioli, with a butter/olive oil/parmesan cream sauce.  A side of sautéed corn off the cob, which was quite sweet.

The ravioli is made by an NYC institution; for well over 100 years, Raffaetto's has been selling pasta, in all it's iterations, on W. Houston St. in Greenwich Village. And it's good. And at well under $10 for 48 pieces, the price can't be beat. Next up - classic meat or cheese in red sauce.

weinoo

weinoo

The ravioli is made by an NYC institution; for well over 100 years, Raffaetto's has been selling past, on W. Houston St. in Greenwich Village. And it's good. And at well under $10 for 48 pieces, the price can't be beat. Next up - classic meat or cheese in red sauce.