• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Bunch of typos.

12 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

The link is not working for me.  Thanks but what I was looking for was how to air fry a facsimile of French fries, not sweet potato fries.

I was hoping @Shelby will would come to your rescue but perhaps she is busy. As best as I can remember I used russet potatoes cut into chips. I soaked them in cold water for at least an hour. I drained them and then dried them with kitchen towel. I put them in a bowl and tossed them with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil then into the air fryer basket making sure that they were only one layer deep. Cooked in air fryer preheated to 375°F for 12 or 13 minutes. Tipped them out into a paper towel-lined bowl, sprinkled with salt and served them.  

Anna N

Anna N

8 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

The link is not working for me.  Thanks but what I was looking for was how to air fry a facsimile of French fries, not sweet potato fries.

I was hoping @ShelbyI would come to your rescue but perhaps she is busy. As best as I can remember I used russet potatoes cut into chips. I soak them in cold water for at least an hour. I drained them and then dried them with kitchen towel. I put them in a bowl and toss them with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil then into the air fryer basket making sure that they were only one layer deep. Cook in air fryer preheated to 375°F for 12 or 13 minutes. Tip them out into a paper towel-lined bowl, sprinkle with salt and serve.