• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

17 hours ago, Tropicalsenior said:

That looks absolutely wonderful! Would you be willing to share your riff, please?

Had chicken breast that i filet opened,  soaked in a buttermilk ( homemade--Lemon juice and milk ) with Franks red hotsauce for 3 hrs. In a bag

I cut the breast in half/ better size.

Drained a bit of marinade and add 1 egg to the marinade

I used this for the double dip method--which I leave coated and rested on sheet pan  for 30 mins before frying

fried in Peanut oil/  was over powering would use a different oil next time..I guess they use soy oil

This is the recipe:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/hattie-bs-hot-chicken-3363027  we added Louisiana Hot sauce to the dip

I just mixed all the dry and added a ladle or two of the fry oil..then heated that up for the dipping chxn ..I kind like to add the fried chkn  as the hot dip foamed up

Oh I also pre heat oven to 300,  I have a drain rack.  this helps set the ckn

Cheers let me know if u need anything else.

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

9 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

That looks absolutely wonderful! Would you be willing to share your riff, please?

Had chicken breast that i filet opened,  soaked in a buttermilk ( homemade--Lemon juice and milk ) with Franks red hotsauce for 3 hrs. In a bag

I cut the breast in half/ better size.

Drained a bit of marinade and add 1 egg to the marinade

I used this for the double dip method

fried in Peanut oil/  was over powering would use a different oil next time..I guess they use soy oil

This is the recipe:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/hattie-bs-hot-chicken-3363027  we added Louisiana Hot sauce to the dip

I just mixed all the dry and added a ladle or two of the fry oil..then heated that up for the dipping chxn ..I kind like to add the fried chkn  as the hot dip foamed up

Cheers let me know if u need anything else.