• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

5 minutes ago, Franci said:

I know it looks really like a menu à la carte today. Mother in law is having a problem eating and I had some odd stuff to finish from the fridge. Pocha beans with some pancetta, a tablespoon of the Bulgarian pepper sauce from TJ’s, leftover steamed rice. Girl wanted noodles, thanks to Cotsco stock. I made polpettone ligure for lunch and happily shared for dinner  some with MIL. One NY strip shared, some cauliflower a la almost Ottolenghi and since my son was eating after us and at lunch when making the polpettone I had some extra steam potatoes I managed a portion of gnocchi for him. He was happy with it. 

I'd  be delighted to be your M-i-l, girl, son, any time. 

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

3 minutes ago, Franci said:

I know it looks really like a menu à la carte today. Mother in law is having a problem eating and I had some odd stuff to finish from the fridge. Pocha beans with some pancetta, a tablespoon of the Bulgarian pepper sauce from TJ’s, leftover steamed rice. Girl wanted noodles, thanks to Cotsco stock. I made polpettone ligure for lunch and happily shared for dinner  some with MIL. One NY strip shared, some cauliflower a la almost Ottolenghi and since my son was eating after us and at lunch when making the polpettone I had some extra steam potatoes I managed a portion of gnocchi for him. He was happy with it. 

I'd  be delighted to be your M-il, girl, son, any time.