• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ambra

ambra

In the middle of heat wave and needing to clean out fridge, we made a version of  straccetti alla romana (normally you mix the arugula through so it wilts against the thin slices of beef (think carpaccio or steakums) and that happened after pic was snapped. We also cook the beef a little differently.  And there’s a dollop of basil mayonnaise I needed to finish.
And my version of insalata russa, which uses some of the tricks mentioned in the potato salad thread, like adding vinegar to hot potatoes. Italians normally put a TON of mayonnaise. But I keep it lighter. 

44136C5F-C2DE-48CB-8C10-7CE8F8F25A2A.jpeg

BBF5F64E-6402-4726-8234-672F7FC70620.jpeg

ambra

ambra

In the middle of heat wave and needing to clean out fridge, we made a version of  straccetti alla romana (normally you mix the arugula through so it wilts against the thin slices of beef (think carpaccio or steakums) and that happened after pic was snapped. We also cook the beef a little differently.  And my version of insalata russa, which uses some of the tricks mentioned in the potato salad thread, like adding vinegar to hot potatoes. Italians normally put a TON of mayonnaise. But I keep it lighter. 

44136C5F-C2DE-48CB-8C10-7CE8F8F25A2A.jpeg

BBF5F64E-6402-4726-8234-672F7FC70620.jpeg