• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jonathan

Jonathan

Thanks for all the replies! I wasn’t game enough to try the caramel so I chickened out and went with a flocked chocolate velvet effect instead and served it on a caramel tart with brown butter ice cream (my quenelling was not great but time pressure). I still have 0 idea how the caramel layer is done but it really does look like caramel... maybe he’ll post the recipe in a book one day. If anyone is interested in the recipe shoot me a buzz and I can write it out

5D522104-921D-4252-83C4-2D5B8542C8AF.jpeg

Jonathan

Jonathan

Thanks for all the replies! I wasn’t game enough to try the caramel so I chickened out and went with a flocked chocolate velvet effect instead and served it on a caramel tart with brown butter ice cream (my quenelling was not great but time pressure). I still have 0 idea how the caramel layer is done but it really does look like caramel... maybe he’ll post the recipe in a book one day

Jonathan

Jonathan

Thanks for all the replies! I wasn’t game enough to try the caramel so I chickened out and went with a flocked chocolate velvet effect instead and served it on a caramel tart with brown butter ice cream (my quenelling was not great but time pressure)