• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

At night we eat a light meal with our heavier meal at noon.  In the summer, three out of four nights is a salad, or salads, of some sort.  Night #4 is often steamed vegetables with a cheese sauce for Ed and a lemon juice/olive oil dressing for me.  And Ed does not like my sauce on his vegetables.  He has been using just butter recently. Now Ed has been taken off dairy for the time being to see if that will alleviate his sinus problems. 

My problem is to find a sauce which he will be willing to use.   Who has a wonderful sauce in their repertoire?   Thanks. 

(The sauce can have meat in it.)

Darienne

Darienne

At night we eat a light meal with our heavier meal at noon.  In the summer, three out of four nights is a salad, or salads, of some sort.  Night #4 is often steamed vegetables with a cheese sauce for Ed and a lemon juice/olive oil dressing for me.  And Ed does not like my sauce on his vegetables.  He has been using just butter recently. Now Ed has been taken off dairy for the time being to see if that will alleviate his sinus problems. 

My problem is to find a sauce which he will be willing to use.   Who has a wonderful sauce in their repertoire?   Thanks.