• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

Funny post aside I was able to get another delivery tonight this time via Peapod (Stop and Shop). Absolutely no cold cuts and no toilet paper or even skin on, bone in chicken thighs. 
  That said I was able to get 3lbs or chicken breast, swordfish steaks, shrimp, flounder and a ton of frozen veggies for my parents (dad has a poultry allergy). I got two 12 packs of mega bounty paper towels (one for them, one for us) and the canned soup they requested. Plus 2 bottle of bleach and 2 bottles of Windex antibacterial cleaner so I gave them one. We each were able to get bananas and cherry tomatoes. They got cucumbers I got baby cucumbers (Maisey LOVES them) and zucchini. I also got a ham! It’s good in the fridge til June so I’m glad to have it. 
  I quickly realized we had no room for my parents things in our freezers so we packed it up in a box, I called my mom to let her know and we drove the 3 miles to their home, passing the (closed, it was 8pm) testing site on the way. I was freaked out when my parents small dog came running up to us, jumping and wanting attention. We didn’t have gloves or scarves because I *thought my parents knew to stay inside*. Nope. My dad came out with gloves and a scarf to hand me a blank check. 🙄🙈 money is the last thing on my mind right now, and I know how fortunate we are. It just sucked to stand as far away and grab the envelope and not be able to hug or kiss my dad. I kinda wanted to run inside and stay with them but, I am 40 years old and know better. Just tugged at my heart. But I am glad they’re staying home and relying on me. 

So the hunt for a new delivery time goes on. We are well stocked for now. And thank you to whomever mentioned Cost Plus World Market. I have Bistro gravy in my cart, along with a Bavarian pretzel baking packet and will slowly add as we make our way through our food. 

We have been good about using it. I’m pretty proud of that. I won’t buy anything I’ve never used and I haven’t panic purchased. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

Funny post aside I was able to get another delivery tonight this time via Peapod (Stop and Shop). Absolutely no cold cuts and no toilet paper or even skin on, bone in chicken thighs. 
  That said I was able to get 3lbs or chicken breast, swordfish steaks, shrimp, flounder and a ton of frozen veggies for my parents (dad has a poultry allergy). I got two 12 packs of mega bounty paper towels (one for them, one for us) and the canned soup they requested. Plus 2 bottle of bleach and 2 bottles of winded antibacterial cleaner so I gave them one. We each were able to get bananas and cherry tomatoes. They got cucumbers I got baby cucumbers (Maisey LOVES them) and zucchini. I also got a ham! It’s good in the fridge til June so I’m glad to have it. 
  I quickly realized we had no room for my parents things in our freezers so we packed it up in a box, I called my mom to let her know and we drove the 3 miles to their home, passing the (closed, it was 8pm) testing site on the way. I was freaked out when my parents small dog came running up to us, jumping and wanting attention. We didn’t have gloves or scarves because I *thought my parents knew to stay inside*. Nope. My dad came out with gloves and a scarf to hand me a blank check. 🙄🙈 money is the last thing on my mind right now, and I know how fortunate we are. It just sucked to stand as far away and grab the envelope and not be able to hug or kiss my dad. I kinda wanted to run inside and stay with them but, I am 40 years old and know better. Just tugged at my heart. But I am glad they’re staying home and relying on me. 

So the hunt for a new delivery time goes on. We are well stocked for now. And thank you to whomever mentioned Cost Plus World Market. I have Bistro gravy in my cart, along with a Bavarian pretzel baking packet and will slowly add as we make our way through our food. 

We have been good about using it. I’m pretty proud of that. I won’t buy anything I’ve never used and I haven’t panic purchased.