• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

Last night, i made bob's red mill polenta.. I have never used it, it's good.. It's not my favorite but, it did quiet nicely... I just poured it into a pie pan to cool... Then used a glass to cut rings... Actually I used a jar and it kept sucking the rings up into the jar and ripping the edges but, i was in the middle of a phone call and I was preoccupied and didn't want to dirty a glass and sometimes you I get satisfaction by purposely making something harder than it should be. Cooked those up in oil on a hot cast iron... Meanwhile, I had this monster hen of woods.. Over a pound, it was like 25 bucks or a little less..  I am sitting there at the mushroom guy flinching over the price and remembered i would have spent like 150 bucks on meat and fish if this was a few months ago.. So yes, i splurged on the mushroom.. People that say being vegan is expensive, have never eaten vegan... I spend around a 100 dollars a week on food, to feed a family of three and we eat pretty well and primarily organic and usually  from the farmers market.  One could spend much less if shopping at a supermarket. 

50270662931_5f2ce47ed6_z.jpg

I added roasted garlic to a pan with some oil, then mushroom, then capers a bit of rosemary and wine and then let it evaporate and deglazed with sherry vinegar ... 

I still have half a mushroom left... 

50270836697_35877f6014_z.jpg

Bite:

50270836677_4ff20e4568_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

Last night, i made bob's red mill polenta.. I have never used it, it's good.. It's not my favorite but, it did quiet nicely... I just poured it into a pie pan to cool... Then used a glass to cut rings... Actually I used a jar and it kept sucking the rings up into the jar and ripping the edges but, i was in the middle of a phone call and I was preoccupied and didn't want to dirty a glass and sometimes you I get satisfaction by purposely making something harder than it should be. Cooked those up in oil on a hot cast iron... Meanwhile, I had this monster hen of woods.. Over a pound, it was like 25 bucks or a little less..  I am sitting there at the mushroom guy flinching over the price and remembered i would have spent like 150 bucks on meat and fish if this was a few months ago.. So yes, i splurged on the mushroom.. People that say being vegan is expensive, have never eaten vegan... I spend around a 100 dollars a week on food, to feed a family of three and we eat pretty well and primarily organic and usually  from the farmers market.  

50270662931_5f2ce47ed6_z.jpg

I added roasted garlic to a pan with some oil, then mushroom, then capers a bit of rosemary and wine and then let it evaporate and deglazed with sherry vinegar ... 

I still have half a mushroom left... 

50270836697_35877f6014_z.jpg

Bite:

50270836677_4ff20e4568_z.jpg