• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

21 hours ago, heidih said:

Not my thing and if they must exist please please hold the cold shredded cheese! 

I'm with you on the cold cheese, as is my husband. His layering involves 'bottom cheese' so it melts into the meat. My son however has a less advanced palette... and like with the hidden veg - if he can't see it, it's not there and it must be cheesy - hence top cheese 😁

As to the hard shells - I've only lived in UK and AU and hard / soft shells are both readily available in all shops - don't know anyone that makes either of them personally. Hard seems to get most of the advertising though. 🤷‍♀️

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

20 hours ago, heidih said:

Not my thing and if they must exist please please hold the cold shredded cheese! 

I'm with you on the cold cheese, as is my husband. His layering involves 'bottom cheese' so it melts into the meat. My son however has a less advanced palette... and like with the hidden veg - if he can't see its not ther and it must be cheesy - hence top cheese 😁

As to the hard shells - I've only lived in UK and AU and hard / soft shells are both readily available - don't know anyone that makes them personally. Hard seems to get most of the advertising though. 🤷‍♀️