• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

2 hours ago, Franci said:

My daughter and I had some meatballs, very tasty and tender. My son doesn’t like polpette and he wanted what he calls steak haché...better known  as burger patty. Strange as certain names stay with you. In my house, growing up, we call them Bismarck even without the egg...everybody coming to our house would ask what are you people talking about 🤣🤣🤣

It is funny, My nephew (Aussie) kept telling grandparents he would like spag bol -  they had NO clue. And as I've noted  before my brother in law looking waitress dead in the eye as she says "soup or salad" and he hears "super salad" and says YES!

heidih

heidih

2 hours ago, Franci said:

My daughter and I had some meatballs, very tasty and tender. My son doesn’t like polpette and he wanted what he calls steak haché...better known  as burger patty. Strange as certain names stay with you. In my house, growing up, we call them Bismarck even without the egg...everybody coming to our house would ask what are you people talking about 🤣🤣🤣

It s funny, My nephew (Aussie) kept telling grandparents he would like spag bol -  they had NO clue. And as I've noted  before my brother in law looking waitress dead in the eye as she says "soup or salad" and he hears "super salad? and says YES!