• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

Plant based diet.  I had a chu chee can of curry I purchased recently.. Actually, I went to a small Thai Market in Manhattan's Chinatown the other day.  I purchased thai red chile, i purchased fresh kaffir lime leaves, fresh galangal  and thai basil.. To the curry I added, coconut cream,  thai pepper, then yucca, mushrooms, green beans, cherry tomatoes, broccoli and eggplant. Lime juice, brown sugar and finally some cornstarch.   Prior to adding the veg, i had cooked the yucca in boiling water for 8 minutes, i blanched the broccoli, the green beans to ensure even cooking.  Put the curry over rice noodles, chiffonade of kaffir lime  and thai basil. 

Doesn't look like much but, it was so good. 

Kept the noodle separate as I will eat this for lunch in a couple of days with rice. 

49965657262_c92abff617_z.jpg

49964866008_fbb9eed466_z.jpg

49965646852_e0f8206458_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

Plant based diet.  I had a chu chee can of curry I purchased recently.. Actually, I went to a small Thai Market in Manhattan's Chinatown the other day.  I purchased thai red chile, i purchased fresh kaffir lime leaves, fresh galangal  and thai basil.. To the curry I added, coconut cream,  thai pepper, then yucca, mushrooms, green beans, cherry tomatoes, broccoli and eggplant. Lime juice, brown sugar and finally some cornstarch.   Prior to adding the veg, i had cooked the yucca in boiling water for 8 minutes, i blanched the broccoli, the green beans to ensure even cooking.  Put the curry over rice noodles, chiffonade of kaffir lime  and thai basil. 

Kept the noodle separate as I will eat this for lunch in a couple of days with rice. 

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49965646852_e0f8206458_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

BKEats

BKEats

BKEats

BKEats

Doesn't look like much but, it was so good.  I thought it was so good.