• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

22 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Thanks.  I was thinking just to drink the bean broth as it is and call it "soup".  But I have a couple containers of frozen soup to which the bean broth might make a good addition.  Thing is I have to do something with it soon.

Hello Birds Eye freezing empire;) Madhur Jaffrey in one of her books talks about serving a very thin dal (so bean broth) in pretty teacups as a course to producer Ismail Merchant.( or maybe he served it to her (distant memory)

heidih

heidih

20 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Thanks.  I was thinking just to drink the bean broth as it is and call it "soup".  But I have a couple containers of frozen soup to which the bean broth might make a good addition.  Thing is I have to do something with it soon.

Hello Birds Eye freezing empire;) Madhur Jaffrey in one of her books talks about serving a very thin dal (so bean broth) in pretty teacups as a course to producer Ismail Merchant.( r maybe he served it to her (distant memory)

heidih

heidih

13 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Hello Birds Eye freezing empire;) Madhur Jaffrey in one of her books talks abut serving a very thin dal (so  bean broth) in pretty teacups as a course to producer Ismail Merchant.