• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

15 hours ago, weinoo said:

@Paul Bacino What's going on with those morels - I just received 1/2 lb. in a deliver, and inquiring minds want to know!

I make a light egg wash about 50% egg andf the other water/ could use milk.

Since they will arrive delivered they are probably fresh ( I know ) but they will be somewhat dry.

This allows the dusting of your coating to stick to the shrooms.  For this batch.  Take a zip lock bag  use about 1/2 cup of your coating to shake shrooms in.

My dusting was 50% WONDER FLOUR AND 50 % AP.   with just some added salt and pepper.  I used 1 full stick of butter usually.

I fry cut side down first ( I cut mine in half so they lie flatter ).  Flip and then toward the end add a bit of minced garlic.

Should look like this!!  when done.   I also like a light dusting of a fine semalina flour at times

49935264607_d7933ce386_b.jpg

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

15 hours ago, weinoo said:

@Paul Bacino What's going on with those morels - I just received 1/2 lb. in a deliver, and inquiring minds want to know!

I make a light egg wash about 50% egg andf the other water/ could use milk.

Since they will arrive delivered they are probably fresh ( I know ) but they will be somewhat dry.

This allows the dusting of your coating.  For this batch.  Take a zip lock bag  use about 1/2 cup of your coating to shake shrooms in.

My dusting was 50% WONDER FLOUR AND 50 % AP.   with just some added salt and pepper.  I used 1 full stick of butter usually.

I fry cut side down first ( I cut mine in half so they lie flatter ).  Flip and then toward the end add a bit of minced garlic.

Should look like this!!  when done.   I also like a light dusting of a fine semalina flour at times

49935264607_d7933ce386_b.jpg