• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

Dinner for 8... I am isolated upstate with my kids and inlaws... We had my wife's aunts come over as well.  They have been isolated for 3 months... So, why not, we are all walking distance away.  I was told, i gave someone their first non spouse hug in three months..  Anyway, food was had... I marinated 6 lbs of skirt steak in the soy,brown sugar, garlic, fish sauce, lime juice, cilantro thing... while I love to experiment and I really never make the marinade the same way as I don't measure or do the same thing twice, the basic principles are there... Soy and sugar..  Anyway, i hate to be repetitive but, when you are hosting a gathering and have 100 dollars worth of steak on the line, it's good to go to old faithful... Plus, we catered my wife's aunts wedding and I think we made this steak for the hundred or so people that came.  

49919088183_b9f057fed2_z.jpg

49919597651_7c852a9196_z.jpg

I have been just wrapping vegetables in tin foil with some white wine and garlic and using a light smoke on the grill.. It's been fantastic.. The broccoli was not looking so great before I cooked it.. it came out so damn good, it may have been one of the best things on the table.  Between the beets, the asparagus, the eggplant and peppers.. I don't understand why there aren't more vegan bbq restaurants. 

49919897182_c45fdd5a3e_z.jpg

I always find myself using tons of dill in the summer.. Not to mention, it's not something that I seek out or crave.. but, when I purchase dill, i throw it into the most unexpected things and it always it's a delightful surprise.  Salad of grilled nectarines, feta, onions, croutons, dill, homemade dressing.. It was so good

49919086128_9c8b2bbf35_z.jpg

Not photographed.. i cooked these eggplants on the grill until they were just about done... i split them opened, i had made a tahini dressing.. tahini, garlic, soy, i forget what else, maybe lemon and something spicy.. I split the eggplants and then roasted with the tahini... Yeh, this was awesome.. 

4 people at the table "did not like eggplants"  and ended up eating off someone's plate and getting their own piece.. a success 

49919095363_e5b4995e36_z.jpg

Followed by smores on the grill. we are now on day three in a row of smores.. 

BKEats

BKEats

Dinner for 8... I am isolated upstate with my kids and inlaws... We had my wife's aunts come over as well.  They have been isolated for 3 months... So, why not, we are all walking distance away.  I was told, i gave someone their first non spouse hug in three months..  Anyway, food was had... I marinated 6 lbs of skirt steak in the soy,brown sugar, garlic, fish sauce, lime juice, cilantro thing... 

I have been just wrapping vegetables in tin foil with some white wine and garlic and using a light smoke on the grill.. It's been fantastic.. The broccoli was not looking so great before I cooked it.. it came out so damn good, it may have been one of the best things on the table.  Between the beets, the asparagus, the eggplant and peppers.. I don't understand why there aren't more vegan bbq restaurants. 

I always find myself using tons of dill in the summer.. Not to mention, it's not something that I seek out or crave.. but, when I purchase dill, i throw it into the most unexpected things and it always it's a delightful surprise.  Salad of grilled nectarines, feta, onions, croutons, dill, homemade dressing.. It was so good

Not photographed.. i cooked these eggplants on the grill until they were just about done... i split them opened, i had made a tahini dressing.. tahini, garlic, soy, i forget what else, maybe lemon and something spicy.. I split the eggplants and then roasted with the tahini... Yeh, this was awesome.. 

4 people at the table "did not like eggplants"  and ended up eating off someone's plate and getting their own piece.. a success 

Followed by smores on the grill. we are now on day three in a row of smores.. 

BKEats

BKEats

Dinner for 8... I am isolated upstate with my kids and inlaws... We had my wife's aunts come over as well.  They have been isolated for 3 months... So, why not, we are all walking distance away.  I was told, i gave someone their first non spouse hug in three months..  Anyway, food was had... I marinated 6 lbs of skirt steak in the soy,brown sugar, garlic, fish sauce, lime juice, cilantro thing...