• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

So, yeh, i woke up at 7, went for a 5 mile run... Then went to a farmers market where the guy i was trying to meet, had his truck break down.. So I arrived at 9 but, he wasn't going to be there till noon... So, abort mission... Made it back home after driving around at 11... had breakfast, then just had these ribs and a salad at 4... So, looks like another 10 pm dinner.. The ribs I had frozen a whole rack of the chinese bbq style the last time I was at my inlaws and I threw on a baby back for good luck.. ;The baby backs I made a memphis style rub accept I also added ancho chile powder.. smoked for 3 hours, started frozen, then wrapped for a couple of hours with some apple cider vinegar for the memphis, marinade for the chinese.. then grilled for 30 minutes or so... Last half our I took the dry rub for the memphis and mixed in some apple cider vinegar... for the chinese style, i mixed honey, garlic, soy, 5 spice and hoisin sauce.. mopped that on... 

Came out great, fall off the bone..   you can see this rack just fall apart when I tried to remove from the grill 

49902078748_949824a199_c.jpg

49902592746_ca437e1454_c.jpg

49902078728_f46458aaa2_c.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

So, yeh, i woke up at 7, went for a 5 mile run... Then went to a farmers market where the guy i was trying to meet, had his truck break down.. So I arrived at 9 but, he wasn't going to be there till noon... So, abort mission... Made it back home after driving around at 11... had breakfast, then just had these ribs and a salad at 4... So, looks like another 10 pm dinner.. The ribs I had frozen a whole rack of the chinese bbq style the last time I was at my inlaws and I threw on a baby back for good luck.. ;The baby backs I made a memphis style rub accept I also added ancho chile powder.. smoked for 3 hours, started frozen, then wrapped for a couple of hours with some apple cider vinegar for the memphis, marinade for the chinese.. then grilled for 30 minutes or so... Last half our I took the dry rub for the memphis and mixed in some apple cider vinegar... for the chinese style, i mixed honey, garlic, soy, 5 spice and hoisin sauce.. mopped that on... 

Came out great, fall off the bone.. 

49902078748_949824a199_c.jpg

49902592746_ca437e1454_c.jpg

49902078728_f46458aaa2_c.jpg