• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Hassouni

Hassouni

2 (3?) weeks eating eggs, beans, and other boring foods (that's another thread I guess) had me really, seriously craving some meat, especially a burger. So I took matters into my own hands, bandannaed and gloved up, and went to Whole Foods. They didn't have any ground meat that looked suitable, so I got an 11 oz pack of deboned short rib and some brioche buns. When home, I stuck the meat in a freezer for a bit, and went to it with my freshly sharpened gyuto. I have to say, hand-mincing meat is very satisfying and I don't see why I'd ever buy ground meat again.

Anyway, I figured I'd use Kenji's double smash burger approach, and made two balls, got some Gruyère sliced thinly, caramelized some onions, and put my Baking Steel Griddle to good use.

92781523_10101475126521791_8602092059572

This may be the best burger I've ever made at home, and hit the spot like a MF.

Hassouni

Hassouni

2 (3?) weeks eating eggs, beans, and other boring foods (that's another thread I guess) had me really, seriously craving some meat, especially a burger. So I took matters into my hands, bandannaed and gloved up, and went to Whole Foods. They didn't have any ground meat that looked suitable, so I got an 11 oz pack of deboned short rib and some brioche buns. When home, I stuck the meat in a freezer for a bit, and went to it with my freshly sharpened gyuto. I have to say, hand-mincing meat is a very satisfying and I don't see why I'd ever buy ground meat again.

Anyway, I figured I'd use Kenji's double smash burger approach, and made two balls, got some Gruyère sliced thinly, caramelized some onions, and put my Baking Steel Griddle to good use.

92781523_10101475126521791_8602092059572

This may be the best burger I've ever made at home, and hit the spot like a MF.