• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

Pesto02152020.png

Artichoke02152020.png

I can't think of two less photogenic foods than artichoke and pesto.*  This dinner was a one pot meal.  I wanted to test out my new baby Fissler pressure cooker.  Pasta for the pesto was simply boiled about a minute in the pot, and then as I enjoyed the pesto the artichoke steamed for 15 minutes on high, followed by natural release.  No need to watch the pressure cooker on the Paragon.  Paragon was set to 248F.

Pasta, Serious Eats recipe as usual.  Pesto from Jerry Traunfeld, The Herbfarm Cookbook.  What's unique (or at least different) about the Traunfeld recipe is the order in which the ingredients are mixed.  Pasta was perfect.  Possibly the best pesto I have had.  Artichoke wasn't half bad either.

*well, OK, kale and cauliflower.

Edit:  oh, and the basil was from my dining room.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

Pesto02152020.png

Artichoke02152020.png

I can't think of two less photogenic foods than artichoke and pesto.*  This dinner was a one pot meal.  I wanted to test out my new baby Fissler pressure cooker.  Pasta for the pesto was simply boiled about a minute in the pot, and then as I enjoyed the pesto the artichoke steamed for 15 minutes on high, followed by natural release.  No need to watch the pressure cooker on the Paragon.  Paragon was set to 248F.

Pasta, Serious Eats recipe as usual.  Pesto from Jerry Traunfeld, The Herbfarm Cookbook.  What's unique (or at least different) about the Traunfeld recipe is the order in which the ingredients are mixed.  Pasta was perfect.  Possibly the best pesto I have had.  Artichoke wasn't half bad either.

*well, OK, kale and cauliflower.