• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

21 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I have a tortilla warming pouch made of quilted fabric, but in my experience when I nuke the flour tortillas in it they get soggy. Haven't tried it with corn tortillas. Warming the tortillas separately is a pain and then putting them in that pouch to keep them warm is a pain, though. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. :blush:

OK I was in corn tortilla mode. Yes flour can have a sog factor. Honestly I have a 4 burner and lay them directly on grids and stand there for the few seconds it takes - flipping with tongs in hand. Then into the serving dish with towel. I imagine restos do them on the flat top. Again just warming.  They don't stick.

heidih

heidih

17 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I have a tortilla warming pouch made of quilted fabric, but in my experience when I nuke the flour tortillas in it they get soggy. Haven't tried it with corn tortillas. Warming the tortillas separately is a pain and then putting them in that pouch to keep them warm is a pain, though. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. :blush:

OK I was in corn tortilla mode. Yes flour can have a sog factor. Honestly I have a 4 burner and lay them directly on grids and stand there for the few seconds it take - flipping with tongs in hand. Then into the serving dish with towel. I imagine retos do them on the flat top. Again just warming.  They don't stick.