• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

56 minutes ago, shain said:

Rice-frittata-muffin-thingies with scallions, garlic chives, sesame, chili, oyster sauce, pepper. Those are fun to eat. Could have been amazing if battered and deep fried.

Korean cucumber salad with spring onion and onion, garlic, Korean chili paste, fish sauce, soy sauce, toasted sesame.

Home made kimchi. I'm happy with the fermentation flavor and acidity level, but in the next batch I'll ramp up the aromatics. It could have been crispier, any tips? Maybe a shorter salting period for the cabbage?

IMG_20200812_221830.thumb.jpg.168b570d9f667722860378a8253f6569.jpg

The muffiny things look delectable as they are. Frying might distract/detract.

On the kimchi. I have never had crunchy cabbage kimchi in a Korean restaurant or home. See ancient recipe from Korean liquor store lady who kept us supplied when lived roud the corner(of course written on back of a cigarette carton. The "crunchiest I've had is cold water radish (daikon) kimchi like this  https://mykoreankitchen.com/dongchimi/

kimchi.JPG

heidih

heidih

46 minutes ago, shain said:

Rice-frittata-muffin-thingies with scallions, garlic chives, sesame, chili, oyster sauce, pepper. Those are fun to eat. Could have been amazing if battered and deep fried.

Korean cucumber salad with spring onion and onion, garlic, Korean chili paste, fish sauce, soy sauce, toasted sesame.

Home made kimchi. I'm happy with the fermentation flavor and acidity level, but in the next batch I'll ramp up the aromatics. It could have been crispier, any tips? Maybe a shorter salting period for the cabbage?

IMG_20200812_221830.thumb.jpg.168b570d9f667722860378a8253f6569.jpg

The muffiny things look delectable as they are. Frying might distract/detract.

On the kimchi. I have never had crunchy cabbage kimchi in a Korean restaurant or home. See ancient recipe from Korean liquor store lady who kept us supplied when lived roud the corner(of course written on back of a cigarette cigarette carton. The "crunchiest I've had is cold water radish (daikon) kimchi like this  https://mykoreankitchen.com/dongchimi/

kimchi.JPG