• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I don't usually eat in the evening so rarely post in this thread but it happened today. 

Scallop Aguachile with tomato-habanero water and pickled gooseberries from Josef Centeno's Amá.  Recipe available online here

IMG_2848.thumb.jpeg.58f01a29faf6214c398acbdfe3db5ac1.jpeg

Scallops were very big - 8 of them weighed a little over a pound - so I should have sliced them into thinner slices.  Still tongue-tinglingly delicious.

Edited to add that the tomato-habanero water this recipe uses is basically a drained pico de gallo.  The recipe says not to press on the solids to avoid turning the water cloudy and to discard the solids.  Since there was plenty of flavor there and because it used pineapple vinegar, I added chopped pineapple to the drained solids to make a pineapple salsa.  Fried up some tortilla chips to complete the meal. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I don't usually eat in the evening so rarely post in this thread but it happened today. 

Scallop Aguachile with tomato-habanero water and pickled gooseberries from Josef Centeno's Amá.  Recipe available online here

IMG_2848.thumb.jpeg.58f01a29faf6214c398acbdfe3db5ac1.jpeg

Scallops were very big - 8 of them weighed a little over a pound - so I should have sliced them into thinner slices.  Still tongue-tinglingly delicious.